This simple tomato-based pasta gets its name from the classic Napoletana sauce. Made with Polpa, the Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintain all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes.
Made with Polpa, the Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it brings together the tomato juice with its most pulpy part, chopped into extremely fine pieces, a feature which makes it right for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. It is ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
Shop the Mutti in our market and make it at home yourself!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans Mutti Polpa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian dried herbs
- ground black pepper
- 500 g penne pasta
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer. Add Polpa, dried herbs and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta as directed on packet.
- Add basil to sauce and stir to combine. Serve sauce over pasta and top with parmesan.