Pick up some of the key ingredients in this recipe available at Eataly.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 170gr Carnaroli Rice
- 50 gr Gorgonzola Cheese, on sale now at our cheese counter!
- 1 big pear – ripe but firm for the best results
- ½ Golden Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 25gr Butter
- 1tbsp Grated Parmesan
- Frantoi Cutrera Extra Virgin Olive Oil, on sale now at Eataly
- 2L Water 1 Celery stick
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- Prepare the stock by placing all the ingredients in a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer on medium – low heat for at least 45 minutes. You may also add bay leaves and peppercorns to here.
- Chop the garlic, and add to the a pan. Brown this mixture over a low heat, with half the butter and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Peel the pears, slice them and brown them in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add ½ ladle of broth and cook until soft, before removing 4 slices (which you will use at the end to garnish the plates) and with a fork mash the others to a puree.
- Chop the onion and brown it in a saucepan with the remaining butter and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the rice and toast it for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Once toasted, pour in a ladleful of broth and let the rice absorb it, continuing to add another ladleful at a time. Let the rice absorb the liquid before adding another, and so on until the rice has cooked.
- When you think there are 2-3 minutes left until the rice is cooked, incorporate the gorgonzola cheese, cut up into small pieces. Let it cream, continuing to mix it. Add the pear puree and grated Parmesan cheese as well, mix again, taste and add salt if necessary.
- Finish cooking until al dente. Let your gorgonzola and pear risotto rest with the lid on for 3 minutes before serving.
Learn how to cook risotto in La Scuola!
Are you interested in learning how to cook from the Italian masters? Join us for a class in our stunning cookery school, that over looks busy Liverpool Street station. Check out our upcoming risotto classes – here!