First up, we’re cooking pasta al pomodoro, a deliciously simple recipe using staple items from our market sale. The best thing about this dish? It’s completely vegan!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200g of rigatoni pasta, from Rigorosa
- x1 tin of pomodorini cherry tomatoes, from Afeltra (400g)
- Extra virgin olive oil, from Frantoi Cutrera – available in the sale!
- Garlic from our market, Natoora (only one clove needed)
- Shallot from our market, Natoora (only half a chopped shallot needed)
- Fresh Genovese basil DOP from Natoora
- For those who like to add cheese, we recommend burrata that’s available in the sale from the fresh counters! Simply head to the fresh cheese counter to pick yours up.
- Add cold water to a large pot and simmer over a medium heat until the water boils. When ready, add a handful of coarse salt and cook the rigatoni for seven and a half minutes to achieve “al dente” pasta.
- On a medium heat, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, along with one clove of garlic and your chopped shallot. Cook for several minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook the tomatoes, garlic and shallot mix over a high heat for about two minutes, before adding the cooked pasta. Mix everything together.
- Serve the pasta in a deep plate and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a leaf of fresh basil.